Monday was a mixed bag of good, bad and ugly. Thankfully it didn't get ugly until the very end of the day. It was pretty smooth most of the day. So over all I give it an 8.
A couple things I learned today:
- No matter how great the idea I have to think about it a LONG time before I roll it out to my students. They'll find a way to make you hate even the best lesson.
- I plan well. But I need to plan great if I want to be great.
- You can not expect high end behavior if your students have only known less than that. Not sure why I'm the only one surprised by this.
- You don't have to be religious to celebrate Thanksgiving.
- Spotify really, really won me over today.
- Sacrificing lunch for the kids is a bad idea and shouldn't be subject to lesson #1.
- Don't spray winter frost on your classroom windows. You'll hate it by day's end. This should fall under Lesson #1 for sure.
- 42 4th grade sized paper dolls might sound like a great activity, but it's not.
Back at Crossfit tomorrow and I can't wait!