Today marks the end of the Crossfit South Cobb winter challenge. I'm not sure who won, but I can say that there was some strong competition. Of all the challenges I've done this one I stuck to the most faithfully. I'm very proud of my results and can't wait to hear that I won. No matter what I'm ready to keep up the healthy eating I started. I can see the results clearly.
Here's what I gained during the challenge
A new wardrobe! After dropping and toning so much I've now been able to wear my slacks that I've had in my closet for over a year! And my shirts fit so much better now.
I sleep so well now. 8 good hrs and I'm so good for the day. Now I'm sure if I wake up in the middle of the night it's the Lord calling me.
Energy! Juicing has become my BFF. When I get that mid day lul I can grab a fresh juice and I'm back at if for the rest of the day. I still drink my coffee and iced coffee, but it's more of a habit than anything else.
I just feel good. I feel lighter. I don't creak or ache anything like I used to.
My cooking skills have gone up another notch. Even with juicing a lot of my meals I'm still finding new ways to make my plated meals pop.
Portion control. I don't think I eat nearly as much as I used to. I'm excited about that, because I think I just overate just out of habit and nothing else.
What I'm going to give to keep this momentum going. This is what I'm willing to give up or embrace to keep chipping away at my waistline and improving my overall health. Notice not all are related, but they are relative.
- Sweet tea and any sugary drinks (can't promise coffee, but I've cut back)
- More margin in my life. I get to stressed and I need to just chill sometimes. It's not that bad.
- 3-4 crossfit WODs a week. (Push my workouts more. I can do more than I do.)
- No more cherry picking workouts.
- Daily prayer time with my family.
- Saturday prayer time with the men at church.
- Planning my meals out better.
- Gardening. I think I can get all my juicing veggies from my yard by May. Next year I could easily get most of our household veggies from a garden.
- I'm going to just let go of some of my time wasters. I found I don't nearly watch as much TV as I thought I did. I want to, but I don't have time and when I do I know I'm wasting time. There are a couple other time wasters as well.
This week has been tough, but I'm so glad tomorrow is Sabbath. I need a good nap and some quiet time. Next week is busy, but nothing special.