What are you teaching your children this Summer? I don't mean what the Camp is teaching them or what your cousin down South is teaching them. What lessons are your kids learning from you during the "time off from school"?
- TV is a babysitter and a pretty good parent
- The library? Where is the Library?
- You don't have to read over the Summer. Take the time off.
- I don't know why your teacher sent you this Summer Work Packet home.
- The bookstore is having reading time. Let's go.
- Where's the remote? Who cares!
- Let's get out and go visit our neighbors.
- We're all going to sit down for dinner together.
*School never ends and neither does learning so make sure what your kids see/hear from you is something you're ok with seeing and hearing again. There are so many good lessons kids can learn from their families that it's a shame more parents don't utilize these teaching opps. Enjoy your Summer, but don't look past the Summer Learning.