The 1st full week has been great! Again, I won't count my chickens before they're hatched. But this group of students are going to be something special. I feel good. I'm on my schedule and I feel super rested. I have my plan and I'm working it.
Oh yeah, I've had some snazzy ties, too.
- The students are getting the routines. Those that don't want to are getting pulled in by those who do.
- I'm not remotely as stressed as I was last year. Good school leadership goes REAL far.
- The 7 Habits are useful.
- I really feel like I understand the 2nd grade curriculum. Nothing like knowing what you know.
- This game is almost 72.3% mental. If you play the "man" and not the game, you win a lot more. I'm on a winning stream.
- We have a LONG row to plow. A lot to get done in what seems like a little bit of time.
- There are some mountains that need scaling. It's not just a cake walk mind you. Got to create somethings while I'm scaling said mountain.
- I hate paperwork!
- Oh yeah, I'm not a huge fan of meetings, either.
- Nothing is impossible.
- We have so much to do this year, I have a lot of room to show off.
- As the kids get better, they'll do better. This could make for a great 3rd grade class.
- Nothing about this year has to be hard. Proper planning prevents poor performance.
- If I don't remain on "10" with my procedures I'll have a really rough year. Maybe an 8. If I don't remain at least an "8" I'm in for a bumpy ride.
- If I let my paperwork get out of control this could be a really long and stressful year.
- If I ease of the throttle on behavior and getting Home involved, I'm done. If home doesn't work neither does class.
Year has started off just like I planned. I certainly see how I want the year to end. Now I just need to keep this ship on course for the next 170 days or so. 3,2,1… Go!
How was your week? Did you tackle or get tackled?