It's here! Christmas break is finally here what took ya so long. This school year has gone so slow fast. I can't believe it's only Christmas break. So much to do. So much done.
Christmas is a great time to reflect, relax and recharge and not see your students for 2 weeks. The 1st Sememster has been good in a running a triathlon with a brick tied to your head kinda way. My students are fantastic in a herding cats kind of way. I'm really going to miss them over the break dear Lord, don't strike me for that blatant lie.
Can't wait to just kick back on the couch with some hot chocolate and catch up on some grading, paper work and grades. No seriously most of us do school work on our breaks, that's not cool at all. For most of us this is a real time to breathe. The year sometimes goes so fast that it's hard to catch a breath, think and figure out what in the world am I doing fine details of life.
Got my list of Christmas wishes, too
- That each of my students want to do better than they did the 1st part of the year. A full book bag would be nice, too!
- Better organization system. Less paperwork in general, please
- Consistant parent involvement. Ok, I'll settle for working phone numbers
- Fewer meetings. No joke there. Fewer meetings, dear Jesus!
- The perfect lesson plans. Just kidding my lessons are the best
- A steady stream of iced coffee pumped into my class at an ideal 40 degrees. I'll take freshly squeezed green juice in January and February, tough
- Some means to squeeze 2 more work home hours into the work home time
- A new pair of work running and lifting shoes
- To be very comfortable with all my body weight workouts by dropping some bodyweight!
Ok, the last two had nothing to do with work, but they help me relax, relate, release so I can do my job. In all seriousness this school year's been a hoot and a holler. I expect some great things to happen in 2014 like Spring Break and Summer.
I pray everyone has a safe and restful Christmas break. May all teachers experience 30 days worth or rest, relaxation and family. May every second of rest be better than 2 hours of work. Keep your head up and we'll see you in 2014.
Merry Christmas I ain't politically correct and Happy New Years!