I like this time of year, December-February. I enjoy planning, thinking and setting goals for the year. I always set aside time during this season to just think, dream and plan. 5 out of 7 years I set and accomplish the goals I set. This year I'm going BIG. I'm going to accomplish 100% of my goals. And, I'm not going to set only 2 goals so I can get it done. I have 9 good, strong, SMART, life changing goals set out with a plan to get each of them done. There are 2 elusive goals, however that have evaded me for YEARS. This year the year I turn 40 I will see them accomplished. No goals left behind. Here we go. Want to know what my goals are for 2014? Just watch…you'll see them soon enough.
Here's my plan. I will share my goals at the end of January.
1. Research my goals. I like to know what I'm getting myself into. I'm not GREAT at research, but I'm pretty good.
2. I Decided that either I'm going to obsess over this or not. If I'm not going to obsess over it, then I'm not going to do it.
3. Reduce the picture. Small bite sized pieces, daily steps, weekly steps, monthly steps you get the point.
4. Make it public. I chose to blog about it. You can ask me questions about my goals. I'll gladly share where I am.
5. Seek accountability. I LOVE to surround myself with people doing stuff. I want them to intentionally and unintentionally prod me on.
6. I now expect it to be hard, but along with the struggle I expect, seek, look for the strength to get this thing done!
7. Encourage and seek encouragement.
8. Visualize the goal completion. I spend a little time daily thinking what it will be like to be as fit as I can at 40, to be debt free, to make my job the career I never hat to work at ever again, to be a multi book author. I like the picture now I need do it so you can see it, too.
9. Learn from failures. If the goal is worthy of my time then failure isn't a STOP sign. It's a This ain't the way sign.
10. Focus on 1 goal at one time. I need help on this. I tend to keep my goals in a family so I can do more than 1 in at a time cause they're related.
11. Practice walking goal out every single day. I have to obsess about being the man God wants me to go. It has to consume my thoughts, words, actions and deeds. Then it will become easy.
12. Take responsibility for all of it. It's all mine. The success, the failures, the set backs the set ups. They are all mine.
Lucky Number 13. Celebrate cause the journey was well worth it.