I have a dear friend who swears that I’m an undercover hoarder. She always “busts” me making some great score from the trash. Whenever I attempt to explain she just shoos me off and continues filling out her app to get me on “Hoarders” on TLC. Well this post if for you, AB!
- I believe in reusing or re-purposing. So if I find a planter sitting next to a dumpster I’m going to grab it.
- I’m all about recycling. I’ve been working on being a mini-homestead gardener/composter so useful things like coffee grounds from Starbucks or bags of leaves are on my radar. They break down into rich useful soil so why not?
- As a teacher we have to make do with what we have. So at the end of the year or pre-planning know that most teachers are going to take a dive if they see a useful item in the trash.
- Have you ever been on Pinterest? Com’ on! Most of those ideas are from 2nd, 3rd use items.
- I’ve found cold, hard cash in the trash. Nuf’ said there.
I’m not even hardly a hoarder or even on the hoarder spectrum. I just have to make do with what I have and what’s around me.
Summer update: I have a lot planned and I seriously doubt that I’ll get it all done. What’s most important is that I get rest and can recharge my brain, mind, spirit.