I feel some kind of way that Starbucks didn’t send me advance notice of this little gem. Forgiveness has been granted. But please don’t try me. (Send me a few coupons, ok)
While strolling through the super market this past week I found this goodie in the cooler section. Iced coffee on tap.
- The bottle is HUGE.
- The bottle has a wrapper around it probably to protect the iced coffee goodness from light.
- It’s in the cooler near the milk and cold beverages.
- It comes in “Lightly sweetened” and “unsweetened”.
- It’s pricey, $5.99 for a 48 Oz bottle. But that maybe ok. I think a 30 oz (Trenta) and a (Venti) iced coffee would be more.
- The cap on the bottle useless. What up with this huge cap?
- There is a foil seal on the mouth of the bottle after you pop the cap.
- The color of the beverage seems consistent with my regular purchase.
- The taste isn’t exactly freshly made iced coffee. However it’s quite tasty.
- I’d buy this and keep it in my classroom fridge before I bought the powdered SB via.
- I can make my drink exactly like I want.
- Since Starbucks hasn’t started offering coconut milk this is a fantastic option for someone who wants to cut out dairy and doesn’t want the other creamers out there.
- SB staff didn’t seem to know about this. I didn’t do a deep survey , but I did ask two who said they had never heard of it.
Over all this is a pretty impressive product from Seattle. I could see this slowing down my SB rewards accumulation big time.