This past weekend I competed in my second Olympic Lifting meet in Savannah, GA. I do believe that I’ve found a niche’ outside of CrossFit that fits me. This is pretty exciting. Let’s do a SWOT.
- I increased my lifting weight in every area.
- I was able to complete all three of my snatches.
- Overall I was relaxed and I didn’t feel rushed.
- I was able to keep my nutrition on track. The time from the last time you lifted up to the time you lift can be my nemesis. I find myself stressing about it. I didn’t do that this time at all.
- My coaches are very understanding, supportive and on their game.
- I hit 4 out of 6 lifts.
- I missed two of my clean and jerks. I have no idea what I was thinking, but I missed them none the less.
- I didn’t qualify for the Pan Am games in June.
- Though no one every gets all 6 lifts, I feel I let myself down by missing those two lifts.
- I am more hungry to train than I’ve ever been. I’m focused on my eating even though I can legitimately relax. I’ve incorporated lots more mobility work into my everyday routine and I feel the results.
- There’s a lot to learn from failure and I’ve looked over the video of those missed lifts just as much as I did the successful lifts.
- There are a lot of Olympic lifting meets coming up that will allow me to qualify for the Pan Am Games in June.
- Doing to much.
- Not taking the time to get better. Expecting improvements overnight.
- Taking a little time off during Christmas/New Years can be a go