I finished my highly “scientific” and critical review of the Reynolds Heat and Eat containers. Feel free to check it out.
I can’t believe that it’s July already. We only have a few more weeks left of this wonderful Summer break. Though, I’d dearly appreciate another good month, but I will take what I get.
2016 has been already made itself a doozie of a year. What’s sad, shocking and sobering is that we still have 5 months to go. What do we do?
Lots of folk are just raw. They’re emotions are exposed. They’re at a slow boil and they’re scared. They’re at their What’s End. The future doesn’t look sunshine and rainbows.
And I have to say that I fully and completely understand. However, I want to add perspective and hopefully be helpful to those very passionate, upset, angry who may come across this post.
No matter what we’ve come to accept, mankind is wicked. That includes the most precious infant born today all the way to the most vile and blatantly wicked person who ever lived. We’re messed up.
That being said, we do wicked, evil and depraved things to one another, the world and even to God. The passage I posted before was penned by one who knew his own state, but wanted to do differently. He knew just how wretched he was and that if God didn’t guard his mouth he’d only foul up the situation more. He also knew just how deceptive wicked actions were. He called them delicacies (I’m thinking of some kind of baked goodie topped with goodness and filled with splendor) Just like that cake, pie or whatever he wanted to stay away from it.
Maybe, I need to take that into account before my slacks don’t fit anymore. 😂
The actions seem good for a while, but they never satisfy and sadly we need more and more to get us there and they never will. We’ll just keep going and going gobbling down these tastiest only to regret it. Then we start over again!
It’s quite clear that whatever the author wanted to say wasn’t on par with his new life going after righteousness. It can also be seen that the relationship between what’s in the heart and what’s spoken can’t be denied. Our words and deeds follow our hearts.
So our hearts are the problem. All the external things, though horrible and wicked are just outcroppings of our desperately wicked hearts. Badge, t-shirt, expensive pant suit, uniform or just a pair of jeans, we all are dastardly wicked and it’s only a matter of time until we show out.
There isn’t anything we can do. We’re lost.
This year’s Park Crawl was a ton of fun. A lot worked out just like we expected. There were some hiccups, but nothing to report.
- We scoped out parks that we wanted to creep by in advance. We also had our tried and true few near our house. So we had a solid plan to hit out goal.
- Talk it up and talk it up right. The girls jumped out of bed this AM. There was no prodding and fussing. They were ready to get it going.
- Start early. The afternoon would have been a horrible event if we hadn’t stopped early to run home.
- Planning lunch spot was perfect.
- Bring lots of bug spray and sun block.
- Be willing to veer off plan. Traffic was a mess this morning so we couldn’t get to our 1st park and that threw off our plan. However, we found 3 parks that we wouldn’t have it we had stuck to our plan.
- The girls are the right ages now. They understand that we’re doing something silly and fun. They know that this is supposed to be a Dine and Dash. I even heard them say “oh this is a 10 minute park” or “I’m going to get my full 15 minutes here.”
- Even with a slight deviation to our trip we landed at our lunch spot on time and had a great time.
- Don’t be surprised if they don’t fall asleep! WHY ARE THEY STILL AWAKE?!
- The girls wanted to do a video review of each park. That would have taken much longer than our expected 101-15 minutes. However, I think we could do this sometime soon. They had some excellent/thoughtful reasons for why they liked some parks and didn’t like others.
- The girls were supposed to rate each park between 0-10. Well, needless to say that didn’t go just right.
Pictures forth coming.
Today is the most epic foolishness that me and the girls do during the Summer, the Whitaker Park Crawl. Simply, we try to hit as many parks as we can in one day. This year since the girls are able we went and scoped out out route, planned our parks and determined where we’re getting lunch. I’ll report back with pics and shenanigans.
This was my first year in MCS and it was eye opening. Here’s my observations from this past school year.
The Sunny Side
- I totally love my team! I didn’t think I’d bond with a team as much as I did with my last group at my last school. Thank God I met this group. They made my year of teaching fruitful and exciting.
- I had a fantastic group of students. We all struggled and in some areas we were clearly grasping for a life line, but they were never horrible. Just kids who need direction.
- Being close to home was really fun.
- Working in a more diverse school was insightful. It’s very, very easy to get into a mental rut when every person in the building is of the same ethnic group.
- Supplies and “school stuff” was in abundance.
- I had tons of volunteers come to read, visit and add to my class this year. Probably because I was only 6 miles from home.
- Bowties were on point!
- Jeans passes are a miracle from on High.
- Meal Prep was on and popping!
- I didn’t like my classroom theme. Thinking that I may not do a theme next year, more on that later.
- Lots of transition. I believe that the last 2 months of school were the most stable. From Day 1 until the late April I had more than 9 students come in and leave from my class.
- Though my kiddos were sweet they needed a lot more hugs and coddling than I dole out. Sorry kids, Whitaker doesn’t hug.
- Where did all the grey in my beard come from?
- I feel as if I didn’t get a full grasp of the new to me 1st grade content. Coming from 2nd grade I could see where 1st grade was going, but I just don’t think I got it down.
- I can’t find 1 picture that clearly embodies this year. Augh!
This was a fantastic school year and I can’t think of much that would have made it better. I’m enjoying my vacation and quietly looking forward to another solid school year.
I can’t honestly believe this school year is in the books. Wow, it’s been so long. It’s been equally good and on the same note it’s been super long. I’m in the process of writing up my real end of the year summary. Stay tuned.
Just went to see Captain America: Civil War. There’s not much I need to say to build up, so let’s just jump into my review.
The movie was well thought out. The script was clean and moved well.
The LONG list of build up single character/Avengers movies really made the flow of this movie smooth. No time was wasted retelling backgrounds or origins. Let’s just jump into some action!
I think the fact that there has been a dozen free standing films before made it ok that they don’t explain several characters. In honesty it only made me more interested in future films or appearances.
The cause for the “Civil War” was reasonable. Though it was complex I say again that you could tell it was thought out.
Though there wasn’t the huge roster of super heroes fighting the number on screen made sense and it didn’t seem to be lacking a lot of action.
There were tons of iconic moments and speeches.
The fight scenes were outstanding. The infamous airport fight was spectacular.
I feel that the film stuck to just a few comic story lines. I counted really only three story lines that I could distinctly point out.
There wasn’t a bunch of underlined symbolism and concepts that didn’t help the movie at all and just basically offend.
I bet we’ll see Red Hulk one day.
I have to point out something. The “You killed my relatives” story plot has been played out. I can honestly think of 8-9 movies that have this as a plot or sub plot.
There were parts that were so good that I honestly would’ve sat there longer just to see/hear more. Ex the intro of Spider-man. I kept saying “This seems right. They finally got him right.”
Where’s Nick Fury!?
There was a scene with Crossbones that didn’t make sense. He wreaked of “Martha!”
I do wonder what this movie would be like if every character was available to be played.
The “civil war” wasn’t resolved fully, I think MCU can stand to not have complete closure on this issue. There may need to be some kind of closure or mention of closure if they’re not going to do Iron Man: Civil War.